Divide and Conquer

 It has been a while since I've posted. There have been a few life-changing events, some welcome additions, some welcome losses. A few wars. However the old thinker has yet to give me peace and tranquility, especially since I am now romantically entangled with someone that believes the relative position of stars during their maternal escape is somehow a personality generator. She's a Taurus, and I have been led to believe that means something.


That being said, my post today has nothing to do with cosmic personality traits or what I get up to under winter blankets. Instead, I would like to throw out an opinion on ideology, or rather why I think most ideologies seem to fail.

Around the world right now, there exists a proverbial buffet of ideologies one can scoop up and add to one's already overstimulated sense of social reality. As if  surviving the modern media minefields weren't treacherous enough. They have literally got everything that might (or might not) suit your needs.

The manosphere, feminism, LGBTQHDMI4KOLEDUSB3+, Cis, Christian, Islam, Catholic, Jedi, Republican, Democrat, white, black, others... just to mention a few (in no particular order, again, we are not sexist/homophobic/racist unless its necessary). Now how do we, the intellectually mediocre, and for the most part mere outside observers, determine which one of these factions tickles the truth-buttons?

The problem that I've come across regarding all of the modern ideologies is that they all seem to fail in the exact same aspect. Each of these ideologies has principles that I would argue are good, beneficial. Whether to the individual or society as a whole. Obviously there are some principles that I simply cannot accept (Bacon is and always will be a human right, fight me). 

The aspect that each of these ideologies seem to collectively fail in, is this: Most, if not all of them appear to rely, at least in some part, on the failure or belittlement of the other. The manosphere seems to rely on diminishing the social standing of women in order to propagate itself; Feminism seems to rely on diminishing the social standing of men in order to propagate itself.   

The pattern becomes quite obvious: In order for my side to do better, be better, your side must be worse. Now, of course, some ideologies are far more transparent and blatant regarding this pattern, but the pattern does reveal itself across the board. At least to my, highly untrained eyes.

In an ideal world, would it be necessary for ideologies to break each other down, rather than bettering themselves? With the concept of tribalism still alive and well today, it gives a strong stench of - It is easier to ruin your tribe than it is to grow mine.  And I am starting to get the feeling that this attitude has been more prevalent in our history than I have previously thought. The "us vs. them" attitude makes a thunderous comeback to silent applause.

Usually I end these kinds of things with a humorous comparison or some ridiculous statement directly contradicting the point I was trying to convey. However, we have eradicated entire diseases from existence, we have placed humans on the Moon and parked little cars on a different planet entirely. I am sad. Saddened that a species as intelligent as we are, simply cannot seem to figure ourselves out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ctrl + Alt + Evolve

The Evolution of Outrage - Part 1

ADHD - Another Disease Hoax Deconstructed